***Applications will be accepted in December and January each year. Visit FRCSE's Facebook page for more information or search USAJOBS.***
The FRCSE apprenticeship program offers an outstanding opportunity for men and women with a high school diploma and no experience to earn while they learn.
As an FRCSE apprentice, you will combine tuition-free college-level classes in academics and trade theory with hands-on training to prepare you for a rewarding career in one of many skilled trades. You will work side by side with experienced FRCSE employees who teach and mentor you along the way.
FRCSE apprentices earn a good hourly wage and enjoy the perks of FRCSE’s robust federal government benefits package, including annual leave, federal holidays, health insurance, life insurance and a retirement plan.
The FRCSE Apprenticeship Program involves up to four (4) years of intensive training in one of the trades below:
The FRCSE Apprentice Program involves four (4) years of intensive training in one of the trades below:
- Sheet Metal Mechanics
- Aircraft Mechanics
- Aircraft Electricians
- Aircraft Engine Mechanics
- Pneudraulic System Mechanics
- Electronics Mechanics
- Painters (3 year program)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be 18 years old by start of employment
- Must be determined suitable for Federal employment
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalency, e.g. GED
- Must meet the admissions requirements of Florida State College at Jacksonville
- Must obtain and maintain eligibility for the required security clearance level
- Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment physical and drug test, as applicable